Sunday, October 16, 2005

Dollar Bill

I went to the post office yesterday and paid my 3 dollars and some odd cents total with a 5 dollar bill. I folded the dollar bill with the receipt and stuffed them plus the change in my jeans pocket.

When I got home, I pulled out the receipt with dollar bill still folded up in it and put it on top of our hamper. I admit, I was being lazy, but I figured I'd put the dollar bill into my wallet later on. And then I'd have a whopping 2 dollars to my name. You can see why I wasn't in such a rush to add it to my dollar bill collection, or lack thereof.

This morning, I looked at the top of the hamper and my post office receipt was unfolded on top of the hamper. My dollar bill was mysteriously missing.

I made my husband and I breakfast like a good wifey, and while we were eating, I posed the question about my missing dollar bill to my husband.

"Do you know where my dollar bill went?" I asked this question full well knowing he took it.

His face completely changed from that "I'm caught" face to "I'm sooo innocent and cute" look.

"What doll....Where was it?" he asked me with a goofy smile on his face.

"You know where because you took it!" I told him. "It was folded up in a receipt. The receipt is still there, but not the dollar bill."

"Oh...that dollar. I put it in my wallet," he told me.

"Why would you do that? That's my dollar, not your dollar."

"Well, the receipt was on the ground...."

"Because Sophia knocked it off the hamper," I said.

"...and I picked it up."

"And you took my dollar!!!"

"No, it was on the ground."

"Which means you took it. That's fine, if you want to take your wife's dollar so that she's left with only one dollar to her name, then fine."

"I'll give it back to you...."

"No, that's okay. But now I know that if money is left lying around, then I can just take it."

Only my husband would take my dollar and then act like he didn't and then finally fess up but still act indignant about the whole thing. He likes to play master mind with me.

No comments: