Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Flock of Seagulls Guy

There is this guy that walks towards me at the Montgomery station, and the first time I saw him, I sorta looked at him, but not really because it was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. He was dressed in cheap businessman clothes (from Old Navy or Mervyns or something), and he is about 22-25 (although I'm not good with ages at all). He's a bit chubby, walks like he's trying to prove something to someone and obviously knows he's not as tough as he thinks he looks, and has a look on his face like he wants to kill everyone in his sight.

Now this is all fine and good and to each his own and all that fun stuff, but the guy has hair very similar to the Flock of Seagulls guy. The first thing I thought when I first saw him was, How the heck did he get a job where he needs to be dressed the way he is with hair like that??? Perhaps it's his style, though. He likes the fake business man look and the Flock of Seagulls hair. But there aren't too many shops around where I work that I can see him working in. So that leaves a corporate setting.

I know, I know, some of you don't even know who I'm writing about. Remember the 80's tune "I Ran"? No? How about this guy:


Yes, that's Mike Score from A Flock of Seagulls, and yes, for some strange reason, the guy thinks this is the best hair style ever and has decided to fluff up his 'do to look just like this.

I saw him yesterday again, and I told myself over and over and over until it finally stuck in my brain to share him with everyone because it's just totally bizarre to me. Is the new wave look coming back? What the heck is going on? Does that mean I have to fall in love with Robert Smith of The Cure all over again?

I just don't get it. I know some of the crazy punk kids are trying to make the 80's 'look' cool again, but this guy's got to grow up a bit now that he's dressing in his Mervyns' finest. Save it for the weekend. And stop stomping around like you're going to punch small children as they would be your only fair fight.

No comments: