Thursday, December 01, 2005

Lost

I almost hate writing what happened to me last night because the situation would be something I would make fun of it I saw it happening or someone else told me they did it.

But at the same time, it was so amazingly stupid, that I have to share it. I'll throw it out into the universe and let someone else grab onto it.

I had a late doctor appointment at Kaiser yesterday. The parking lot was pretty packed (doesn't matter what time of day with Kaiser -- it's always packed), and I thought I found a parking spot at the end of a section, next to a curb. I pulled right (the direction, as in left, right) into the spot and saw that it was for car pool cars. So I pulled out and parked in another spot further down.

After my appointment, I walked to the parking and to my car. Correction -- to where I thought my car was. Another car was there. I kept walking down the row. I was looking to my right because that was the direction I remembered parking. I couldn't find it. I went to the next row over. Still couldn't find it. I distinctly remembered walking on the parking lot pavement and not on a sidewalk, so I knew I was in the correct area, but my car was gone.

I walked back over to the area where I thought my car should be and stood there.

My first thought was that they took my company's branding info and not that they took my car. I had taken my branding packet home with me to work on a presentation. Darn it. Now I won't know my brand colors. The next thought was, why would someone steal my car? That's just wrong. No one wants my car. My car is a pin cushion.

I started calling my husband's cell phone and hanging up on the voice mail. I was trying to get my point across to him that I needed him to answer his phone. No answer after 7 calls. By now I looked like an idiot just standing in the parking lot wondering where my car was. So then I tried my mom, who also didn't answer. So I tried my husband again, and finally he answered the phone.

Right at the exact moment that he answered was the exact moment I saw my car -- parked almost opposite of where I thought it was.

"Forget it," I told my husband.

"I was trying to call you!" he said, thinking I was annoyed that he didn't answer the phone.

"No, it's okay. Just forget it." I started to laugh.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Nothing, I'll tell you later," I said.

I was at my car at this point, so I got in quickly and took off. I called him back and told him what I did.

"Lordy," he said.

Maybe it's time to put another Jack in the Box reindeer antenna ball on my antenna.

That or never go out at night alone. I don't see so well in the dark.

No comments: