Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Goldilocks

My husband and I were walking to the post office this morning when we saw Goldilocks. We were just passing the local strip club by work (yes, there really is one), when we noticed a person walking towards us. The first thing I noticed was the bald head, then that the person was old, short and a bit overweight. Then the goldilocks wig on top of the bald head (see below).


But the problem with this wig is that if you're older with sunspots and wrinkles, and your head is bald and rather big and round like a bowling ball, then this type of wig won't cover an entire bald head. It sorta looks like an ill-fitting viking cap on top of a head.

And if you're a man, then it's even more bizarre.

He was wearing a long skirt with nylons and ladies shoes. And the wig.

As we passed by him, I gave my husband the "did you see that, and if not, then turn around and look" eyes.

He said, "Yes, that was a man."

I told him I knew that.

And honestly, if the man wore a real woman's wig, then he could pass for woman. Older people tend to become ambiguous as they age. I mean it's really up to you to decide if you're going to bother with make-up and curly hair.

The man made me feel sad because what if he was one of those cross-dressers who think they really look styling? And he just looked like a sad rag doll with his braids and yellow hair.

No comments: