Monday, April 09, 2007

Okay, so it's 12pm....

I can't wait to see what else happens to me today. Today is just not my day at all. The events so far:

1. As I was taking Mateo into his room to change him, he had a major spit-up incident, most of which landed on my shirt, neck, chest and somehow on my bra. So much for lugging around a burp cloth all the time.

2. My iTunes or iPod keeps stopping and freezing up my whole computer. This usually happens when I'm in the middle of something and I really want to finish whatever it is.

3. Mateo had a few flip-outs, which is normally fine and good and dandy and not a big deal, but I have a Safeway delivery scheduled from 11am to 3pm, so I had to be in an okay state for when the guy showed up. As it got closer and closer to 11am, I got more and more worried I wasn't going to get my hair washed.

4. Zoe, being the ultra jealous cat that she is, is driving me absolutely nuts by jumping onto the kitchen counter, getting into the dishwasher, running around screaming her head off as she bouncing herself against the sliding glass door or bedroom closet mirrors and basically just getting in the way and demanding attention no matter what. I usually can deal with her, but today I wanted to kill her. Right now she's on top of the cable box in our bedroom, which is on top of the DVD player, which is on top of the TV. I'm waiting for everything to fall, including her, and then I'll probably start crying.

5. When putting my contacts in, I dropped my left contact in the sink. Again, another thing that wouldn't be such a big deal, but since the sink was full of soapy water that was still draining, I at first couldn't find it. When I did and it was on my finger tip, I immediately dropped it again into the sink. This time I had to wait some time before I could see it. I decided it probably wasn't the smartest thing to put the contact in my eye at this point, no matter how long I rinsed it off with water and contact lens cleaner, since I'm sure the soapy residue wouldn't be totally removed quickly and my left eye would scream out in pain as soon as I stuck it in my eye. Out went the right contact and back on went the glasses.

6. For whatever reason, no matter what the weather is like outside, I'm still one overheated momma. I was wearing jean capris, but they were getting too hot, so I put on my linen capris. For some dumb reason, my linen capris come with really long ties at the waist. So if you tie the ties into a bow, the bow will push out your shirt and make you look silly. I tuck the long ties inside the capris instead. I used the bathroom (uh huh, you can see where this is going), and as I stood up to pull up my capris, one tie fell out from inside fell promptly into the toilet, which was still full of my pee. Off goes the capris. On go another pair of thin capris.

So it's noon, and I'm sure this isn't the end of stupid things that will happen to me. The Safeway guy has yet to show up, Zoe has yet to break something or break herself, and I haven't made dinner yet, which will require using the oven. I guess as long as Mateo is okay, all is well. I will persevere. I will get through the rest of the day without a burn, cut or crying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To top off the morning - I found the last Easter egg - with Hershey Kisses inside!

Nut Nut said...

Whatever!!! How's that Oreo cheesecake?