Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fire door or doctor?

I'll take the fire door any day! Okay, not really that true....

I went to the doctor today, and he brought out his medieval soldering iron thing and burnt a hole into my fingernail. He was surprised that thick blood came out because he assumed it was too late to bleed me.

After about five minutes of him squeezing my finger to drain as much blood as he could and me feeling like I was going to pass out from the pain and thought of my loosened fingernail feeling like a loose tooth that you can wiggle around with your tongue, the doctor left me to lay on the table after the procedure.

In other words, no numbing, no pain medicine, no lollipop, nothing except a bigger hole in my finger nail, lots of blood and a tiny band aid.

He did, however, give me props for trying to burn a hole in my nail myself.

No comments: