Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I feel Minty.

I finally did it. I spent a good chunk of time signing up for Mint.com, as advised by the smarter people in my life.

It's very similar to Quicken, but it imports everything for you. I'm still going through the transactions Mint imported and fixing categories. I also think I messed up stuff on the budget, but since I wasn't sure what I was doing, I'll have to go back and look into it.

Mint managed to hooked up to all my online accounts with the exception of our second mortgage company. Either the subsidiary isn't linked to Mint yet, or I kept screwing up my log in ID and password. I'll look into that later as well.

I even set it to send emails to myself and my husband, who has no clue as to what's going on with our money and is often annoyed at me when I don't think it's necessary for him to purchase shoes when he's got a closet full of them (I do as well).

So we'll see how this goes. I might not need that book I bought after all. I just need something to do most of the work for me, and this seems to be doing it.

1 comment:

Kmommy said...

Sounds cool. Let us know :)