Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Poke away, baby, poke away. With pictures.

Yesterday that one person at work who love to discuss food with me was walking towards me with a piece of paper in his hand.

"Maybe so and so knows," he said.

(So and so would be me.)

He tends to show me odd things that I'd rather not look at, or talks to me about food, which I've already pointed out how that annoys me so, so I was looking at him with the best deadpan eyes I could muster.

"What?" I said.

"Have you had this before?" he asked as he showed me the paper.

"OH MY GOODNESS, HAVE I EVER!!!!" I think I screamed.



In his hand he had a recipe for this mess of tasty goodness otherwise known as Jello cake.

"My mom used to make this all the time! I still make it! She still makes! Jello cake!" I squealed in glee.

If you've never had Jello cake, then you are really missing out. If you've never made a Jello cake, you're really missing out on how easy it is to make it. Here's the recipe, in case you feel so inclined.

We chatted about how wonderful Jello cake is, that it's an 80's thing (not so sure about that; I call it white trash food myself, but I kept that to myself for fear of offending any white trash peeps around my work area (not saying there are any, just saying)), and that this other gal in hearing distance was too young to know all about the tasty goodness o' Jello cake (sorry, her downfall for being born in the mid-80s).

Now, if you're a silly sort and are thinking, pshaw, Jello cake is so weird, well how about this beauty?



I found this picture when I was looking for a good representation of a slice of Jello cake since I do not cleverly have one on hand to photograph myself.

Whatever this is? This thing with a blue and purple layer? This needs to find its way to my house because even though it looks like an Easter parade, my interest in it has piqued immensely since the first time I laid eye on its ferociousness.

1 comment:

Kmommy said...

Mmm. Jello cake is pretty awesome!! Totally missing out if you've never had it or made it! :)