Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kiva.

I've heard about Kiva for some time now, and I always thought it was a great idea. What I didn't realized is that my husband and I could become a microlender for a mere $25.00. We aren't rich by any means and have plenty of debt on our shoulders, but when we can, we like to donate to organizations that touch us, and Kiva is one of them. I consider our loan more of a donation because I really don't know if I'll ever see it again. The borrowers on Kiva have a good track record in general, and a local lending agency or bank follows up with the borrowers to ensure their business is on track.

If you're looking to help someone else better themselves and can spare $25 or even more, then you may want to consider Kiva as a way to touch someone's life.

No comments: