Sunday, September 11, 2005

Recycling man turns into environmental man

I was notified by my hubby today that you cannot flush paper towels down the toilet. You can only flush toilet paper.

Well, okay then.

I don't know where he's getting this stuff, as it's probably true, but it's so random now that I'm starting to worry. Are we going to start making mulch from our leftover food? Only buy recycle paper products? How far is this going to go?

Now, the only reason I told him to flush the paper towel down the toilet was to protect us all from a rather tiny spider nest/sac that was jammed in a kitchen cabinet nook. You could clearly see the pinhead specks of baby spiders in it. My thought was this: Flush the darn things down the toilet instead of putting them in the trash smasher where the pinheads may have a chance to survive. KILL! KILL! KILL!

I'm really afraid of spiders, by the way.

But NOOOOOOO.

Instead I got a lesson on why we shouldn't flush paper towels and blah blah blah, all the while he was holding the wadded up paper towel. So I cut him off, and I said very sternly, "Then can you please throw the paper towel away!!! I don't want baby spiders in my kitchen!"

He huffed, I huffed.

But what was so interesting about this whole scenario was that he was willing to kill living creatures instead of taking the risk of flushing a paper towel wad down the toilet. I'm not sure where this man's priorities are sometimes.

NOTE: I searched on flushing paper towels down the toilet. The first few hits only suggested that doing so would cause bad flushing habits -- like if you flushed a paper towel down the toilet, you would next flush a tiny scrap of paper and then finally just flush for no reason.

I'm taking this bit of information no where. I'll save it for later when this matter arises again.

No comments: