Friday, October 14, 2005

Goodbye, My Dear Friend

It truly is a sad day. Today I had to say goodbye to a dear, dear friend of mine. While I saw it coming, I was very sad to realize how quickly he would be departing me.

When I got home today, I went to over the passenger side of my car to get bags out from that side. For some reason I looked up and over at my Jack in the Box Reindeer Antenna Ball. A deep sadness washed over me.

I've lost way too many people in my life, not you too, Jack in the Box Reindeer Antenna Ball.

The first thing I noticed was that his other antler was missing now. Now he just looks plain weird. I walked back to the driver side and took a good look. Not only were his eyes and mouth gone (blue and red stickers), but where an eye was on his face now looked like someone pulled his eye out of his socket and it was dangling down. His whole head was punctured by tiny little kitty teeth.

There was no reason to allow my Jack in the Box Reindeer Antenna Ball to suffer any longer. Obviously these assaults were occurring at night, when I couldn't protect him. He was left alone too often.

So R.I.P. dear Jack in the Box Reindeer Antenna Ball. I hope you find the Jack in the Box Raider Antenna Ball that was on my husbands antenna a couple of years go in Antenna Ball Heaven. We've mourned him too. Godspeed you both.


R.I.P. my dear friend.

No comments: