Friday, January 06, 2006

To explain

I was talking to my mom last night and asked me, "who are those people?"

Now, we were talking about my husband (all I can say is keep your fingers crossed for him), my sis's kids (my mom is babysitting next weekend so my sis and her hubby can go out to dinner and have some time alone, and I'm being recruited to help my mom although she said she didn't need my help but I don't believe her), why I haven't written anything in my blog lately (tired, no time, nothing much to say although I do have a vignette about some old lady sleeping on BART in the back of my head), and how she needs to get her phone fixed because it's driving me crazy (I call, it rings, it hangs up; I call, it rings, it hangs up; etc.).

Somewhere in the middle of our talk, she asked the question I quoted above. I tried my darnedest to figure out who she was talking about, but I just couldn't.

"What people?" I asked her.

"The people on your blog!" she said.

I was still trying to figure out what she was talking about. Then I remembered: The Spin Doctors!

"Oh, just a band from years ago," I said.

"Do you like them?" she asked me.

"Uh, noooooooo," I said. I probably said they suck or something negative like that, but I can't remember. If I didn't, that's what I was thinking.

Always a bit confused with the goings ons of them crazy kids (and me), my mom responded, "Oh."

So, I made a mental note to mention on my blog today that I do not like the Spin Doctors, I was being sarcastic in the posting, and while I didn't mention this in my posting, they were on some news channel buried in the 50's on Comcast, and I only found it because I was trying to find different coverages of New Years celebrations. Luckily our camera was on hand because I had to take a picture of the screen. It's like seeing big foot.

Now this was all good enough by itself. But then this morning I checked my e-mail, and low and behold, our friend posted a comment about the fabulous Spin Doctors on my blog. This truly made my day. The only thing I can remember about them from my personal life (besides finding them annoying) was that my ex-boyfriend (seems weird to even write that since I've been with my husband for over 12 years...) either really hated them or really liked them. I can't remember which, but I know he felt passionately about them one way or another.

Perhaps all this time spent on thinking about The Spin Doctors will give them another fantabulous hit!

No comments: