Monday, August 28, 2006

Another joy of pregnancy

I'm getting to the point where I can't sleep comfortably due to my ever growing Zit. I bought a body pillow last week (that's now deformed from over use) for some support while laying on my side. I'm completely paranoid now because all the books and web sites say I shouldn't lay on my back because the pressure of my uterus will block blood flow to a major artery, and of course, I can't lay on my front because I'll squish Zit. I'm not supposed to lay on my right side for some reason (I can't remember now), so that leaves my left side. And guess what? I absolutely loath laying on my left side.

I'm waking up all night long because laying on my one side and not really moving around and having a body pillow stuck between my legs causes my muscles to tighten up and hurt. Eventually I do give up and turn onto my right side, just to save my sanity, but then I wake up and realize I'm on my right side, so I flip back to my left side again.

At some point I'm going to have to move to my husband's side of the bed because it's getting harder and harder to crawl over him to get out of bed during the night. I have never felt comfortable sleeping on the edge of the bed -- I've always slept on the side next to the wall, so I might just end up on the floor. Or the couch.

Needless to say, I don't envision getting any good sleep for a long, long, long, long, LOOONG time. Cause I'm only going to get bigger as the months go on, and then Zit will be here, and it'll take months for a full night's sleep again. Although I've never really slept well as it is without some drug interaction. Maybe I can sleep sitting up? I do that really well while on BART.

No comments: