Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Trying to be accomodating

Today I have a doctor appointment at 4:50pm. I scheduled a grocery delivery between 10am and noon. This morning my doctor calls and wants me to come in early - between 9am and 10am. I said I couldn't because of the grocery delivery. A bit later the phone rings, and it's the doctor's office again, asking me to come in at 1:30pm. I said I could do that, no problem. A bit later the phone rings, and it's the Safeway guy telling me he's going to be late and won't be there until after 1pm. I told him I won't be here because of a doctor appointment. He said he's got two routes to deliver. I said I won't be here. He asked when I was leaving. I said 12:45pm. He said he could probably make it. I said okay.

So now I don't know if we're getting any groceries this week, and I've pretty much decided to never change plans the day of because they always get screwed up. I could have gone to the doctor in the morning if I had known the Safeway guy wasn't going to show up on time, and now that I changed my appointment so I will be earlier than scheduled and here when my grocery delivery is to show up, now I might not get my groceries.

I told my husband we'll just eat all the food we have in the house and then start on the cat food. In other words, I'm not going to the store.

No comments: