Monday, March 19, 2007

"Uh oh. I think he went poo."

My husband decided after the first week of bringing Mateo home that he was no longer going to change Mateo's diapers unless it was absolutely necessary. I'm not sure why, but I've heard plenty of excuses, the main one being that Mateo doesn't like how my husband changes Mateo's diaper and Mateo cries. I keep telling him that Mateo gets mad at me too sometimes, it's just hit or miss.

So then my husband started with, "Uh oh, I think he went poo," whenever he was holding holding him for a bit. The first time I quickly took Mateo into his room and took his diaper off. All the time accusing him of being a stinky boy. When I got the diaper off, there was no poo. I changed him regardless and then told my husband that what he thought was poo was just farts. Then, mysteriously, I'd end up holding Mateo while my husband was running around doing as he pleased.

Then it happened again. And then again. And then I finally wised up. I realized that when my husband said, "Uh oh. I think he went poo," that meant, "Um, I'm kinda tired of holding him and sitting on the couch. I want to do other things. You take him now and I'll hold him later on tonight, like way later on."

Tonight my husband was holding him and he said that Mateo went poo. I didn't believe him, but took him anyway. Turns out he did go poo. But I already informed my husband I figured out what his evil plot was when he tells me Mateo pooed and that he was going to have to come up with something else to pass Mateo onto me.

I, myself, am starting to wise up, and I run away when he does take him and hold him, just so I can get a few minutes alone to myself without having to worry about Mateo and his needs. I mean, I do it all day and all night, pretty much, I'm allowed, aren't I? Five minutes?

No comments: