Friday, April 20, 2007

Boy of a million poops

Mateo has a poop routine, and like most people, he needs to have a good poop in the morning. This usually happens after his 4 or 5 am feeding. So this morning was like all the others, and he had his usual poop explosion after spending a minute or two farting up a storm.

I took him into his room to change his diaper. When I took off his sleep sack and unsnapped his onesie, I realized the poo went all the way up his back, all over the back of his onesie and soaked into the sleep sack.

Okay, I thought. Gotta get a plan. So I wiped up his bottom and his back, kept holding his legs in the air while I manoeuvred the onesie off of him enough so I could lay him down again. I took a look at what was going on downstairs since I'm always on the lookout for peeing, and that was exactly what he was starting to do. I grabbed what I thought was the cloth I keep handy for such occasions, but it ended up being the burp cloth I was using for today. I kept it there and let it soak up the pee.

After a good wipe down, I got him changed into footed pj's. I stuck him in his crib so I could go and spray his soiled onesie and the sleep sack. He was having a grand time watching his mobile, while I was taking care of his clothes. I decided to just wash his soiled clothes and went back into his room to grab more light blue clothes for the wash. I had left his door open, and both Sophia and Zoe were in his room.

I got the items for washing together and put them to wash. I went back into Mateo's room to find Zoe eating cat puke. Sophia was a few feet away looking perturbed, and Zoe was chowing down.

Great, I thought.

I grabbed Zoe, walked into the kitchen to get some paper towels, went back into Mateo's room, dropped Zoe and cleaned up the cat puke. I left to throw it away and when I came back, Zoe was licking the rug where the puke was. I shooed her out of the room, grabbed the rug cleaner and a towel, and cleaned up the puke spot.

All this happened while my husband was in the shower. When he got out of the shower, Mateo and I were in our bed, like nothing happened during that last 15 minutes.

"He dirtied his clothes?" my husband asked.

Um, yeah. You could say that.

No comments: