Saturday, September 22, 2007

Gifts are nice.

My husband gave me the gift of sleep today.

Mateo was sick Monday and Tuesday, and because of that, I didn't get any sleep. I was up at 2am Monday morning and then 1am on Tuesday morning. I didn't follow my rule of "sleep when the baby sleeps," during the days I was home with him, mostly because I got hooked on some interesting mom blogs (Playgroups are no place for children, 5 Minutes for Mom, some various others), and since I get up between 4am and 4:30am all other days (except for the weekends, and that's usually 5am - 6am), I was pretty darn tuckered out and running on 'E' yesterday. I also caught a bit of Mateo's bug, and it's mostly affecting my head by making it feel like a giant cotton ball and making me feel rather lethargic in general.

Mateo decided he wanted to get up at 4:30am this morning, and since I didn't wake up during the night when Mateo woke up crying and my husband got up and took care of him, I thought I should at least be nice and get up to take care of Mateo in the wee hours of the morning. I got probably a half hour snooze with him before my husband got up and told me to go sleep. I told him to go to the gym and I would sleep when he came home, so off he went like the good little "I love to exercise" husband that he is.

Then I took NyQuil.

And then I slowly removed myself from the living room and went to bed. This was at 12:30pm. The next time I made an appearance was at 6pm.

While I needed the sleep, I don't really feel any better. And since my husband spent his whole day with Mateo and he doesn't really know how to spend a day with Mateo while living a normal life (the "I have a VIP visitor and must attend to his needs every second of the day" syndrome), he now needs a day for himself and I shall be attending to Mr. Mateo all day Sunday. Fair is fair.

Surprise gifts are nice. Especially when I don't end up feeling guilty for taking them willingly.

No comments: