Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Invisible car.

I have a general joke that I'm the invisible girl. Which means: People don't see me. And no, I'm not kidding. I get ignored in public a lot. I get ran into, ignored when drinks are being refilled, or when orders are being taken, or when I'm in line, or whatever. I just get ignored. I'm invisible.

Unfortunately, I'm now the invisible girl in the invisible car. Remember my Momma Bear post? Well, at the same intersection where I was in the double left turn lanes and the lady decided she wanted to move into the space I was occupying, it happened again. And what really kills me is that I was sitting there, waiting for the light to turn green, when I glanced over at the lady next to me, and I thought, it's obvious I'm right next to you, so wouldn't it be odd if you decided to move into my lane after we turned, just like that one lady did and then who started honking at me?

Ah yes, you can see where this is going.

The light changed, we both began to turn left, and all of a sudden, she was moving into my lane and almost hit me. While I've been feeling sick and have a slight case of PMS, I wasn't having much road rage today. So instead of honking the horn like a manic rabid monkey and screaming every swear word I could think of (this usually consists of "lady, poophead, jerkball," and yes, that is admittedly sad but very good for my son's ears), I just said in disgust, "Oh. my. god. lady. what. the. hey," while slowing down so we wouldn't collide. After she moved into my lane, she immediately turned into the shopping center on our right. Sorta like what that other lady wanted to do and eventually did after she honked at me repeatedly.

Being invisible is bad enough, but being invisible while driving a small SUV-type car (that's bright red, by the way -- really difficult to notice) and transporting my most precious cargo in the backseat is really bad. Perhaps we should paint our car a garish color like bright orange or yellow or two-toned of both colors so people will at least notice the car. Me? I know there's no hope.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know exactly what you mean about being invisible! Often, I've waited in line at say a deli counter or a bar and everyone around me gets served first, even if I was there first! It's always been that way.

Anyway, I just had to comment on the comment you left at my place. Jon-jons are MUCH different than those wonderful Carters/Gymboree one-piece outfits you're referring to. First they are handmade, usually in a seersucker or checkered pattern fabric. They are often embroidered with initials or smocked. And they cost around $50-$80. They make boys look like little sissies.

Whew! I feel better clearing that up!

Nut Nut said...

LOL! Okay, okay, jon jons are definitely not the same then. I certainly wouldn't dress Mateo in the clothes you linked to.