Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cynical me.

We went to the pumpkin patch today, and the first thing I thought was, Wow, the pumpkin patch is really just a big dirt field with pumpkins of different shapes, sizes and colors scattered all over the dirt. With some haystacks and corn stalk bunches placed here and there.

Then I stepped back and looked at it through Mateo's eyes and mind, a mind that will not remember this day at all and was probably thinking, Wow! Look at all the round, brightly colored balls all over that dirt I would love to take a handful of and stick in my mouth!

By the way, he does not like the feel of hay, and refused to sit on a haystack to get his picture taken. Instead, he grabbed for his Daddy like some horrible monster was trying to get a hold of him.

Needless to say, we didn't stay too long. I guess a huge part of being a parent is pretending.



Dirty, filthy pumpkin loving.

No comments: