Friday, April 18, 2008

This American Life

I'm hooked on the podcast This American Life. It's funny, interesting, real, about real life, about real life we don't often hear about. The editing is great, the stories are great, and I think I have a crush on Ira Glass, even though he's 15 years my senior. Those glasses! Meow!

Anyway. I'm writing about This American Life because they are doing a live broadcast at various movie theatres around the US. First time I heard about this, I thought, well, it'll be in San Francisco or Berkeley and so that means I won't be going (even though I would love, love, love to). So today, I looked it up, and they're actually showing the live broadcast in Union City. Which is right next to where I live. Which is just 10 minutes up the freeway. Which is so close that it makes me ill.

Why?

Because it's happening on May 1st. And since I know that May 2nd is a Friday, that means the 1st is a Thursday. So there is no way I'll be going.

So, if anything, maybe someone will read this and say, heeeeyyyyy...I live near Union City, I could go..... And please do. And then e-mail me and tell me all about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I live near Union City, but I'm not going - not even for you.