Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Social Profile, Compare People, or How to make someone really angry.

I'm an avid Facebooker. I like it. I like updating my books and music and playing Scrabulous with my husband all day long. I'm no longer addicted to Staries, but I do enjoy that as well. Facebook is really neat when the people you know are active users. When they aren't (and I have a few), it gets boring. But I've stuck with it. Every single day.

And then there is the Compare People application from the lovely folks at Social Profile. This application allows users to rate their friends against other friends in categories such as, 'hottest' and 'smartest' and 'who would you want to be stuck on a desert island with.' So I played along, hoping that none of my friends would realize how I voted. Cumulative is okay, but if my husband found out I didn't vote him smartest? Boy howdy, a divorce would be in the works. (I joke...).

Then one day I got an e-mail from Compare People telling me what MY strengths and weaknesses were. Yeah...that wasn't part of the deal.

My rankings are on my page, but I never go and look. So to have an e-mail tell me how my friends feel about me? Man. That's cold. And I don't even know who is doing it because, like I mentioned, most of the people I know don't even go on Facebook anymore. However, my rankings keep changing, and I know this because of all the friggin' e-mails I get telling me so.

Right now, these are my rankings (cause I know you're dying to know):

I am most punctual and most prettiest.

Okay, I am punctual to a fault most times. And since most people aren't punctual these days, I'm often chided for being early to appointments. You know, like I'm trying to pull some sneaky business on people and get in early. I'm fully aware I'm early and have brought supplies to entertain me, so don't you fret.

Prettiest? Jeez. Okay. I say cute, but not prettiest. I'm not going to complain, though, because of this:

My weaknesses are:

Most popular and kindest.

What does that mean, exactly? It's a weakness to BE most popular? And kind? Or that my friends think I'm not popular nor kind? Granted, I don't think I'm popular, although when I suck you into my nuttiness, you'll always come back. I do take serious offense to not being kind. Sure I'm crass and a tad mean and I sometimes just say it as it is and don't think twice about it, but I am kind. I'm kind to those that deserve to be kind.

Maybe that's why I'm not popular.

No comments: