Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bye bye vacation.

We decided to cancel our "mini" vacation.

No, no, don't feel bad for us. We're okay. More than okay. And we only have so many months left when we can change our plans left and right because Mateo will be catching on soon. And believe me, he's fine with it.

For those of you out there who don't have a job but have a kid, and those of you who have a job and no kid, be grateful. Because trying to manage work, life, kid, and planning even a simple vacation is too much. At least right now and at Mateo's age.

Both my husband and I are too busy at work, and we both feel that if we took the time off (me one day, him a half a day), it would hurt us in the end. And while this was intended to be a vacation in the sense of relaxation and fun, really, was it going to be that way? Probably not. I'd rather work, get paid, not lose the one day, save myself from feeling super rushed to get things done, have that peace of mind instead of trying to figure out how I was going to fit in shopping and packing and making sure everything was taken care of not to mention figuring out how to get to the nearest hospital in Monterey in case something terrible happened to Mateo.

So the new plan is going to Happy Hollow in San Jose, but that's only if there are no fires making the sky funky with smoke and ashes.

Wish us luck with that.

No comments: