Monday, July 28, 2008

My child is SMART.

He never ceases to amaze me. When new things happen, I might be very nonchalant about them, but inside I'm bursting with pride. This weekend the following happened:

1. He knows where his nose is! He was watching Yo Gabba Gabba when some song came on about what your nose, eyes and mouth does. When the singer sang "The nose on my face...," he pointed to his nose.

2. He knows where his head is too! Last night I was giving him his bath, and one of his bath toys is a plastic bowl (the best toys are, in fact, not a toy). I told him to put it on his head. So he did. He's brilliant.

3. He's polite! He knows to cover his mouth when he coughs (although he probably does this 3 times out of 10), he wipes his mouth with a napkin, wipes his runny nose with a napkin (or shirt), and all of a sudden doesn't like having dirty hands while eating (which makes me his constant hand cleaner).

4. He calls me Momma! But slowly I realized he's calling everyone Momma, including his Dad. And his Grandma. So....The thrill of being Momma has passed.

5. He follows simple commands! "Give it to Momma." "Bring that to me." "Go give this to your Daddy." Soon I'll have a full blown slave!

6. He's trying to follow dance moves he sees on TV. Then he just goes nuts and dances his Monkey Dance.

7. He truly is a show-off. We had a friend over, and Mateo spent 30 minutes doing everything possible to ensure our friend paid attention to him. This included flipping over while on his giraffe rocker (soon to be leaving his toy collection because of this), dragging his play tent everywhere, handing our friend dust bunnies that only he can find, and basically making me crazed and causing me to sweat immensely from having to chase him around.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Isn't it great when they start to grow and do those things?!