There rules of the game are:
- List these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs*.
So here goes:
1. My literature brain candy is medical thrillers. I have a particular fondness for F. Paul Wilson. I've also read Robin Cook and some others whom I don't even remember. It's certainly not about the authors, it's all about the medical thrillerness of it all.
2. I have "specialized" interests (some call them weird): feral children, hauntings, psychics, possessions, evil, and just about anything else. Right now I'm reading The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil. I'm more interested in deciphering fact from fiction and learning the psychological aspects of events and human activities.
3. I'm a jack of a trades in the creative department. I paint, draw, take pictures, make jewelry, sew (to a certain extent, never quite perfected that ability), design, cook, write...the list goes on. I don't think I'm particularly good at any one thing which will probably be my downfall in getting my act together and working for myself some day.
4. I have a degree in English, minor in Creative Writing, with a Certificate in Technical Writing and Communication. I can switch my writing style in 2 seconds, which comes handy in what I do for a living. I also edit fairly well, both for content and grammar.
5. I'm a music fanatic. I wrote music reviews for an online web site and also for a music store newspaper (once upon a time). I listen to music incessantly, which means people get annoyed with me at work a lot because they'll be talking to me for a good minute and I don't realize it. I wish I had learned a musical instrument, but I just never did (and yes, I know, it's never too late...).
6. If you google me, I will come up. But you'd have to know my name. And yes, it is buried here somewhere in one of the 100s of posts.
7. I've been with my husband since I was almost 20, and I'm 34 now (married at age 25). Yeah, that's a lot of years, a lot of madness, and a lot of growing up on both our parts. While it's worked out for us, I don't recommend it for others (the getting serious so young part, that is). We have one fantastic and well-worth waiting for 17-month old as our prize for sticking together for so many years. I dearly love them both and would cut off all my limbs for them.
My seven tags:
Okay, I'll admit it. I read a lot of other people's blogs, but they seem so high up in the blog ladder that I don't think they would play along. I've never been one to reach out to others easily for fear of rejection, so I'm going to just leave it at that. Yes, I'm a wimp.
A wimp who doesn't mind writing about herself all the time!
If you have 7 things you'd like to share, please do so either in the comments or on your own blog and pass the word on - I'd certainly like to read them (sis) (#8 about me: I'm REALLY nosey).
*#9 I'm bad at following directions.