Wednesday, July 09, 2008

So I made this little shirt....

(I so was going to be good on Wordless Wednesday, but I just can't seem to shut up.)

One of my terms of endearment for Mateo is 'Monkey Love.' He's also called 'monkey' and 'monkey boy.' And various other things like 'booger butt,' 'sniggle snuggle' and 'grumpasaurus.' So I made a shirt to show off my love for my little Monkey Love, which is right below here.



I sent my husband the link to the shirt yesterday, and he responded with "that's cute."

Even though his response was via IM, I had a feeling he was slightly scared I might buy the shirt for Mateo. While it's not necessarily feminine or masculine, I don't see many fathers wanting their sons to wear it.

I posted the official Monkey Love shirt on Mateo's blog yesterday, and when my husband came home, he looked at Mateo's blog since I told him I added new pictures.

I walked into the bedroom to take my scratchy contacts out. He was looking at stuff on the Internet.

He turned to me and said, "I didn't know you made that shirt...."

"Yes, I did," I said.

The look he was giving me was some strange mixture of awe and confusion.

"I thought you just found the shirt. I didn't know you made it."

"You know I always call him 'Monkey Love," I said.

"I know, but I thought you just came across it. A coincidence," he said.

"No."

I'm still not sure what was going on in his brain. He knew about the Grumpasaurus shirt, so it's not like me making another shirt should be that weird to him. Maybe it's because I used a heart, and I'm so not a heart person.

Or maybe I could just ask him. There's a thought.

No comments: