Friday, January 23, 2009

The joys of tax time.

As your life gets more complicated, the more random tax statements get sent to you. At least, that is the case for me. I just got something from UC Berkeley about the one class I took. Not that I can even claim it, but still, nice to know it cost so much to take one class.

Yesterday when I was at daycare to pick up Mateo, the office people had attached the 2008 tax statement for what we paid in the last year to Mateo's sign-in and -out sheet. I looked. We paid for what would equal a nice mid-sized car with all the fixings. In one year.

And then I fell to the ground and cracked my head open.

The end.

4 comments:

Mom, Grandma, Coach said...

No wonder you smacked him!! Just kidding!

Mom, Grandma, Coach said...

He is worth every penny and more!

Nut Nut said...

He is. But I could have two new cars by now. That's if I was really paying all the money each year, which I'm not....

Kmommy said...

LOL!! Unbelievable how much child care costs! I figured if I got a low paying job that I would spend an equal amount in child care - so not worth it... and it looks like I was right :)