Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bored and helpful at the same time.

Long story short, I sell Mateo's old clothes at a Mom's club sale thing that my sister is part of.

I needed to start inputting the clothes into the online system that tracks each seller's inventory, so I dragged out Mateo's bin of clothes Sunday night in preparation for Monday, when I was home with Mateo all day because his daycare was closed for "professional development" day otherwise known as "let's eat donuts and have lunch brought in while we watch soaps on TV" day (okay, no it's not, but that's what I envision, and yes, I still have to pay for that day, so I think I'm allowed to be bitter.)

Mateo likes to be helpful most times, so I thought I could get him to help me sort the clothes into price piles. He's helped my husband with laundry sorting before - my husband tells him where to put the item of clothing, and Mateo does it, and it's all great and grand for the both of them. I started putting clothes in piles, slowly, mind you, in hopes that he wouldn't think I was just throwing clothes about for no good reason. He was interested in what I was doing, but didn't want to help me (of course - isn't that how it always is?).

I pretty much decided to forgo the price piles and just dumped all the clothes out into two piles: the regular clothes that would go for $1.50 to $3 and the Gymboree clothes that would go for a bit more.

I grabbed the first item I was going to input, sat down on the couch, and that's when Mateo decided to go bizerko and attacked the larger pile of clothes, throwing them at me, on me, on the couch (I even found one item later on tucked behind the couch cushion), everywhere and anywhere and upside down and right-side up and left and right and you get my point.

At one point he decided to lie down on the deconstructed pile and watch TV. This was right before I decided it was time for a nap.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, the mess:






It looks like he's sleeping, but he wasn't. That boy would never fall asleep like this, and believe me, I've tried to get him to.

While he napped, I cleaned up, re-sorted clothes, folded them up and piled by price, and then bagged them so some child couldn't do this again nor any cats could sleep on the clothes and get them all nice and hairy.

I really don't know how people get anything done on a daily basis when they have young kids at home.

1 comment:

Kmommy said...

HaHa! Yes, my living room floor looks like this on a daily basis, but its toys and maybe a few clothes... It is very hard to get anything done with two little ones running around and getting into everything. But Mateo sounds like he's got as much energy as my two put together ;)