Friday, December 22, 2006

Husbands

My husband and I got on the elevator at work today. We were proceeded by a 3o-ish guy, dressed nicely but had an overall annoying air about him. Another girl got on the elevator, a girl whom he knew, and he started saying all this pompous stuff about how after working 10 years at their company, she too can take time off during the holidays, and oh, she'll get to leave early next week, he just bets. It was all rather annoying, cocky and just plain blah.

They got off the elevator and as soon as the doors closed I said to my husband, "And I could be married to a guy like that."

He gave me a look like he didn't know if he wanted to kill me or commiserate with me.

"What I mean is, is that I could have met a guy like him when I was younger, married him, and he acts like that at work -- just annoying."

We got to our floor, and I walked off the elevator first. As I headed to the door, I heard a loud burp emit from behind me. I turned around and said, "But instead I married you. And you keep it real."

He smiled and said, "That's true, I keeps it real!"

No comments: