Thursday, May 10, 2007

Gotta worry about something.

My husband approached me tonight with his Men's Health magazine. He said that he never knew what Crone's disease was, and there was an ad in his magazine for medication to treat it, so he decided to read the ad. Now, we're both big on making fun of the ads on TV for prescription medication that lists every possible side effect and both think it's silly for these ads to even be allowed on television because it makes people get all worried about what may be wrong with them. I was surprised he would take the time to read the ad.

"Read this part -- right here," he told me as he pointed to a section about cancer.

It said something about people who have been treated for this and that and this and that and then listed psoriatic arthritis, which is something he does have, and how if you were treated for these various ailments, you could possibly get lymphoma.

I looked up at him. He looked dead serious.

"I wouldn't worry about it," I told him.

"But why didn't anyone tell me about it? Why didn't someone tell me I could get cancer???" he asked.

"Oh my god," I said as I got up and went to our bathroom sinks. I reached under and got the info on my birth control pills.

"Okay...," and I began reading the possible side effects, "...confusion," and I began to look up and sway, "pain in the groin / calf area," and I grabbed my calf then groin and moaned. I went on, and as I did, my husband kept telling me he when he got cancer, I'd be sorry for making fun of him.

"Why didn't anyone tell me I'd get dizzy and faint?" I asked as I turned in circles and then fell into his arms.

No comments: