Friday, February 01, 2008

We've got a con baby on our hands.

Admittedly, my husband and I haven't been the best with getting Mateo to go to sleep on his own (aka "lay them down when they're drowsy but still awake" method). Tonight I put him in his crib and then stuck around, doing some hand holding and back rubbing and "no, no, it's time for sleepies," as he would try to stand up and cheese at me.

So there I was, sitting on the footstool of the rocking chair, thinking he was finally going to go to sleep, when he plucked out his pacifier, reached out his hand and let it drop on the rug. Then I heard a very nonchalant, "Uh-oh, uh-oh...."

Even though it was dark, I could see his eyes wide open, looking at me intently.

As I was trying to find the pacifier, he said "uh-oh" a couple more times. When I found it, I got up and put it back in his mouth. He got all giddy and laughed.

What else could I do but declare him a big booger, pick him up and snuggle him until he fell asleep?

Yes, I'm a sucker. And yes, he sure does know how to yank on my heartstrings (and hair...).

No comments: