Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Did I say cancel? Oh no. Not true. Not true at all.

So, never one to let circumstances weigh me down, I quite craftily devised a plan where my husband only uses a half day off and I use a full day off, and we all get to spend the weekend at the beach. Low and behold, this is our 2008 family vacation!

Instead of staying at the Beach House in Half Moon Bay, we're now staying at Sanctuary Beach Resort in Monterey where we get our very own golf cart. Yes, you read correctly. Our very own golf cart.



We have a lovely Jr. Suite overlooking the dunes and supposedly the ocean, and basically have a huge chunk of dunes and beach to ourselves. As the web site description states: Beach access merely steps from the threshold of your room. And there are bellmen. BellMEN. Not one man, but many men. Many men with bells, awaiting us to call and request bizarre things of them. And there is one picture of a restaurant (like we'd go - it looks too nice and our child is too wild), but I can't really find anything about this place, so I'm not going to even think about it when I have golf carts, dunes, bellmen and beaches to dream of.

Mateo gets to play in the sand, go to the aquarium and turn bright red. We shall buy him touristy tees and otter animals and sea shell bracelets.

And on Sunday, when we all get home, we will look fondly back upon our 2008 family vacation and dream of fishes and whales and clam chowder in a bread bowl.

2 comments:

Mom, Grandma, Coach said...

Nice. I see Mateo has checked it out and approves.

Nut Nut said...

Oh yes. He already LOVES it.